After the tutorial with Will on Monday 20th of October and the following days 3rd and final Studio Critique. I have come to some decisions:
- I will drop all the DIY scenes. – Yes they are neat, add texture, are arty and creative – but this is a high quality piece that will be used for marketing I want it to be showing that I can create quality video.
- I will cut out anything that I don’t think is high quality and could stand alone as a still image on its own. I want each and every frame to be a beautiful composition in its own right.
- I will change the font, size and duration of the credits.
- Will remove any torso’s of the children in the bath.
- I will have only the Park, Beach, Car, Bath and Bedroom as scenes drop everything else.
- A diary will be used to be a metaphor for storing experiences and locking them away – a key. The file will be removed.
- I will keep the intro and put in a sort car scene from each of the locations (park and beach to home) this will give a good narrative. Yes I do agree dreams are fragmented but I’m going to keep this video mainstream and very easy to follow (marketing purposes again)
- I will be re filming, car, bath, bed scenes without DIY filters – to keep every frame uniform.
- I will add tweaks after playing with Curves, Hue and Saturation to combine it all in line, looking similar.
At the end of the day, the most important thing about this video is that it will showcase me as a high quality producer of creative and beautiful video. I believe all these changes will enable this.