This morning I presented my idea to the class and tutors.
I think it was well received. I now need to refine it more and create some mock up images of what it will look like to give people an idea.
Tomorrow at 1pm I will be showing the Tutors what I propose to do. So I need it more finalised.
What I have decided so far –
- Think BIG… large scale. Projected ideally outside G Block.
- Still images projected onto a wall or building.
- Slide show
- Base images will be portraits of a wide age-range of Nelson residents. Layered on top of the base portraits double exposure style will be either images of the persons residence / favorite place in Nelson or their own handwriting / drawing relating to Nelson.
What I need to do now is:
- Research more into the theory behind ‘habitat’ in relation to this idea.
- Decide on a location – photograph it at night – do this tonight (Monday 19th around 5pm)
- Design a mock up of the location and how it might look with the projection onto it. (Monday 19th tonight – ready to show Will tomorrow)
- Create a time line
- Adapt model release form.
- Create a list of possible models.
- Decide on the statement/question that will be presented to the models eg ‘why do they love their habitat (nelson)’
- Decide on how the portraits will be taken, composition, setting etc..